Dear hives sufferers,
This is an update from Hivesguy, the editor of this site. I recently began filming a cholinergic urticaria video series (see the end of this post), and I’ve already created a lot of videos. I’ve got a few more to make, and I’ll add them to this page. You may want to bookmark this page if you’d like to watch any of them (they are available on YouTube). You’re welcome to share them with others online by embedding them in your blogs, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, etc. However, please do not download them directly to your computer and distribute, edit, or upload them on other video platforms, as they are copyrighted.
These videos cover some of the most common questions that people have about this disorder, as well as my own personal experience with it. My goal is to share the information I’ve learned (to the best of my ability) with others so that they can be more knowledgable about this condition. I also hope what’s worked for me can work for others. If it doesn’t, I hope to provide you with other treatment methods that you can talk to your doctor about, so that you manage your hives and live a happy and fulfilling life.
I genuinely want to help people know that they aren’t alone in their struggle, so I made these videos in that spirit. I also realize that some people hate reading, so these videos will hopefully help those people. I don’t know how many more videos I’ll create, but I hope to wrap up the final ones within the next few days.
These videos, the book I wrote, and this website contain pretty much all of the information I know about this disorder, as well as the details of my experience with it. I honestly don’t have any more information other than what I’ve written in the book or spoke about in the videos. It all comes from my experience of running this site, reading various studies, and suffering with hives for over a decade.
I pray that they can help you in some way. If you have any questions, you’re free to ask. However, please make an effort to watch the relevant videos, read the book, and/or read and search the website first, as it will probably answer 99% of the questions most people would have.
Cholinergic Urticaria (Heat Hives) Videos:
These videos are listed in roughly the same order in which I created them. Some of them are a bit long (about 15-20 minutes), so feel free to skip around. Some of them also cover non-hives topics, but I have articles about them on the website, so I’ve listed them here. By the way, these videos and the book contain the most current information about my own hives and what I know about this disorder. There may be archived posts on this website that I still haven’t updated.
- Cholinergic urticaria presentation: A brief overview and welcome to the site. This is the homepage video.
- My Hives Story
- Cholinergic Urticaria Overview: What is Heat Hives?
- Cholinergic Urticaria Signs and Symptoms
- Cholinergic Urticaria Triggers
- Cholinergic Urticaria Causes
- Cholinergic Urticaria Treatments
- Treatments that Probably Wont Help Cholinergic Urticaria
- Cholinergic Urticaria: Sweat and Exercise Therapy
- Disorders that Mimic Cholinergic Urticaria
- Physical Urticaria Types
- My Diet Journey for Hives
- Cholinergic Urticaria Diet: My Allergy Elimination Diet
- Products that Can Help You Manage Your Cholinergic Urticaria
- Supporting Loved Ones with Cholinergic Urticaria
- Is Cholinergic Urticaria Seasonal?
- Candida Yeast Cause Chronic Hives?
- Which Doctor to See for Cholinergic Urticaria
- Exercise Routines with Cholinergic Urticaria
- Pictures of Cholinergic Urticaria
- Avoiding Scammy Products Claiming to Cure Hives
- Why Do I Itch When I Exercise or Get Hot (A Quick Explanation and Intro to Heat Hives for Newbies)
- Itchy Bumps on Fingers and Hands (Dishydrotic Eczema)
- Antihistamines for Hives
- Cholinergic Urticaria Cure (An explanation of how I cured my hives. This also contains advice I would give to those still suffering, or those who don’t know where to begin after being diagnosed).
- 12 Things that Make Cholinergic Urticaria Worse
- Visceral Fat: How to Get Rid of It
- Small Hole in Ear (Ear Pit)