I am not sure whether it is cholinergic urticaria or not …but I just wanted to explain my situation and seek your advice. All of this started 6 years ago in one of the winter mornings. I started feeling itchy (it was something like prickling). I thought it was the result of my diet–I started eating fruits and avoided non veg.
After few months I was okay, but it again struck me in next year’s winter. I have inferred something:
1. These things only start during winters.
2. The problem starts when I become warm by any means ….(any means)
3. When I don’t managed to cool myself, then at sometimes I got rashes (which disappeared after a while when I cooled my body).
4. I don’t sweat during winters.
5. Never felt such thing in my underarms … it is the only part of my body which sweats during winter too.
6. Last year i started exercising just before the onset of winter … that year i felt less trouble …almost negligible.
7. All this stuff stops when I start sweating obviously summer.
I consulted a physician this winter, and he gave me some pills (hydroz and fdn). However, they have had no effect. I am not even sure whether he(physician) got it right. I just wanted to know if this is cholinergic urticaria and then your advice what I should do. Please help me.
This post was submitted by a reader.