I discovered this place some months ago and along with another (medhelp forum), I kinda found some conditions and a treatment.
When my cholinergic urticaria started, I was finishing cram school. At that time I had the following:
- Hard stress because I was running out of time to finish.
- Heavy sugar diet, like coke and some cookies called sponch as my everyday poison because they kept my brain at high revs.
- Kinda bad diet, as I used to spend at least 10 hours in school and I could only get street food like “lonches” and “gordas” (tons of bread with heavy meat, egg, sauce, you know, mexican food, REAL mexican food, not that taco bell shame). And that was when I did eat because sometimes I would do fasts because having a filled belly would make me sleep in the library.
- It was winter so I wasnt getting enough sun neither I was sweating.
And suddenly I would notice my wrists itching. I thought my scarf was trying to kill me, and I took it off; but it continued. Then, the sun came out again, and whenever I was walking to school my body would try to explode in these really small red dots. It was like nothing before I had ever felt. I had been the commander of a war band “unit” (think of a mexican-militarized marching band), so I am quite resistant to pain–BUT THIS WAS PURE HECK-CERTIFIED 5-SKULLS GRADE PAIN.
Since then, it has had its ups and downs. Once I wasnt even able to eat hot soup, and then I could easily go to work ignoring the pins until it went away.
I came across this treatment, a sweat treatment. It was working, but I lazied out and it got worse.
Now the fix was to use a trash bag vest, well in fact a 3 layer top, tight shirt-trash bag-sweater. It helped me sweat much faster and I could enter in refractory period easily, drenching myself in sweat again (oh boy i missed that feel), like the arabs do with their wool robes.
I have been recently working as my fathers trainee (doing some manual labour and heavy work like shoveling and lifting engines), so I have been getting my good daily sweat.
But this is the most intriguing thing: at night I feel these stomach rumbles. It isnt hunger, and it gets worse when I lie down.
Maybe I’ve got some bad stomach damage by my lifestyle during the last month of cram school.
Here is my diagnosis: (speculation below this line)
A bad diet and lifestyle ended causing damage to the gastrointestinal area, be it the stomach or the intestines good bacteria. This “damage” is keeping certain foods from being properly digested, ending with an excessive histamine storing in the mast-cells. Sweating inducing sensations such as heat would cause a release of histamine from those cells, ending with that horrible sensation–and in the most severe releases, small red bumps.
Sweating becomes a good treatment because it causes continous release of the histamine from mast-cells entering a refractory period which causes temporary relief in the “poor soul who got this curse”
I also believe that this “gastrointestinal damage” could cause a proliferation of a fungi or bad bacteria ending in the inmune system freaking out.
Questions to the poor souls of this forum.
- Do you treat your cholinergic urticaria (if yes then how)?
- Can you determine how and when it started, maybe a stressful or bad diet period?
- What do you eat?
- Do you have dandruff? (since this started I got dandruff and it wont go away. Anti-dandruff shampoo slightly helps)
Hope we can find a common cause and stop this torture. Sorry for long post
My name is Carlos but if you find it difficult to pronounce or kinda foreign you can call me tacoman, Charles, or Chuck.